Hello and happy Memorial Day Weekend everybody! I am in Swaziland right now at the first night of the Bush Fire International Music Festival (can I say YEAH?!!) and won’t be blogging for the next few days. I thought this was a good opportunity for a different kind of “Flashback Friday” post.
When I left for Mozambique in September 2008, I began blogging sporadically about my experiences. I started reading blogs (mostly of the healthy living type) around September of 2009 and finally in February decided to start my own, with the help of my amazing father who not only is a great webmaster but also insanely patient with my demands and his regular access to internet/electricity/civilization helps too. Anyway, I started my blog at the beginning of March but didn’t tell anyone about it until midway through April, once I felt comfortable enough. That means I have a whole lot of stuff on here—some pretty cool, some pretty bad—that no one besides myself and my father have seen. I feel like these first three months of blogging (and one month of really trying to become part of the amazing blog community) have been awesome and I wanted to “flash back” to some of those secret posts, for anyone bored over the weekend who would like to read a little more! I have had so much fun getting started with P&P and I want to thank you all for your support and kind words! It has been one of the highlights of the last couple months for me, so THANKS!
Posts that Happy/Healthy Living Bloggies Would Find Funny and/or Interesting
- A day of a Mozambican diet (or, “Why all the girls get fat)
- The best workout excuses you’ve NEVER had to use
- Why Yoga stresses me out
- Dude, what’s up with the food blog?
- The Conflict of Healthy Living in Africa (or, “Why it seems a bit selfish to count calories when surrounded by starvation and poverty”)
T.I.A.: This Is Africa (Snapshots from Moz life)
- Hitchhiking in Africa for Dummies: a pictorial guide (or, “How to hopefully NOT end up stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country”)
- Almost getting killed by a coconut
- Getting Englished (or, “HELLOOOOOOOO MY SISTA I AM FINE AND YOUUUUUUUUUUU?”)
- Old school: Life in winter without hot water (or, “But I don’t WANT to take my clothes off!!”)
- Old school: Close Encounters of the Ant-Infestation Kind
- The Meat Market
Posts with pretty pictures of pretty African things
- Taking the sand dunes by storm
- The day I sailed to an uninhabited tropical island for twenty bucks
- Where I live!
I hope that some of these are interesting! Once I get back, I will have a Swaziland recap as well as a lot of other posts I have been working on including another Island trip, a post about the work I do here in Mozambique, realities of African “healthy living”, and the story of my thatched roof getting ripped out (that was fun). And June means my birthday (the 9th! YAY!) and the World Cup! If anyone wants to write a guest post for me in June… let me know : ) Mom?
Talk to you soon!
What are you up to this Memorial Day weekend?